We’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
We are looking for an energetic and efficient individual to undertake all receptionist and clerical duties at the front desk in our office downtown. The ideal candidate will have excellent
communication skills and will be able to take on basic bookkeeping responsibilities. You should be able to handle high pressure situations and relay accurate information.
You will be the “face” of the company for all visitors and are responsible for the first impression we make upon guests.
- Greet and welcome on-site visitors in a professional and courteous manner
- Answer all calls promptly; screen and forward incoming calls while providing basic information when needed;
- Receive, stamp, sort, scan and distribute daily mail, couriers, deliveries and emails as received; log all cheques received;
- Prepare and send out daily Canada Post mail and items for couriers;
- Report office repairs/upkeep (e.g. burnt lightbulbs, temperature adjustments) to building maintenance through the Dream portal;
- Monitor, maintain and order office and kitchen supplies on a weekly basis ensuring the necessary supplies are always available;
- Daily tidying up of reception, kitchen and meeting rooms/boardroom areas ensuring beverages and necessary supplies are well stocked; includes loading and unloading the dishwasher daily;
- Basic bookkeeping responsibilities (includes, but not limited to, daily cheque deposits, issuance of cheques, account reconciliations, daily bank deposit)
- Note: Lifting of boxes is required – up to approximately 20 lbs.
- Exceptional customer service telephone skills
- Well organized with an aptitude for details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize, multitask, and prioritize
- Insurance industry experience would be an asset
- Strong computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office, experience with Applied EPIC preferred