At its core, PLATFORM focuses on delivering solutions to their clients which provide protection, reliability, opportunities for growth, and a strategic advantage to their business. We believe when we deliver on these key principles, a foundation for a strong business relationship is built.
How you will Impact PLATFORM
The successful candidate will provide service excellence to our colleagues and customers by supporting risk management initiatives and objectives. We are looking for professionals who want to join an exciting, fast paced environment with a strong learning culture and a focus on overall development.
How you will be Successful
- Consult with PLATFORM’s real estate and construction sector clients to identify and execute their risk management needs and objectives.
- Perform audits on clients’ current risk management protocols & procedures and make improvement recommendations.
- Advise existing and prospective PLATFORM clients on up-to-date best practices in risk control/mitigation and health & safety management.
- Attend on-site risk control visits with PLATFORM account teams and insurance providers.
- Work with clients to manage and respond to insurer risk control recommendations to achieve the best outcome for clients and insurers.
- Conduct loss analysis and trending to identify common areas of improvement for real estate and construction clients.
- Assist clients on pre-development feasibility studies and risk assessment/mitigation reports.
- Support account teams with client acquisition and retention in Ontario and Vancouver.
- Contribute to special projects as required.
- Develop/manage key vendor and insurer loss control relationships.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in risk management in an insurance brokerage and/or insurer environment.
- Experience in real estate, construction and/or trucking/auto is considered desirable. Specifically, experience and understanding of building protection systems, water damage mitigation, slip and falls, construction health and safety, and CVOR analysis is preferred.
- Professional Engineer or Engineer in Training designation is considered desirable.
- Agile thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines.
- Strong documentation skills, including the ability to create detailed, well-organized, and concise summaries of risk assessment findings.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to travel to Vancouver for project-related assignments.
- Ability to work collaboratively amongst various PLATFORM account teams.
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications.
What we can Offer
PLATFORM offers competitive salaries and benefit plans. As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity in the workplace. PLATFORM was acknowledged as one of the insurance industry’s top workplaces in 2020 by Insurance Business Magazine. PLATFORM has ranked among the fastest growing companies across all industries in Canada for the past 3 years.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest. Please forward resumes to email@example.com.