The collection and use of information
Platform Insurance Management recognizes the importance of respecting customers’ right to privacy and adheres to the following key principles:
- Platform Insurance Management is responsible for Personal Information under its control and has designated individuals to be accountable for the organization’s compliance.
- The purposes for which Personal Information is collected will be identified at or before the time the information is collected.
- Consent will be obtained for the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information, except where consent is not required by applicable law.
- The collection of Personal Information is limited to that which is related to the purposes identified by Platform Insurance Management.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that Personal Information is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. Platform Insurance Management relies on customers or users of the Website and Services to update Platform Insurance Management on changes to their Personal Information.
- Personal Information will be protected by reasonable and appropriate physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures, having regard to the sensitivity of the Personal Information.
- Information is available to customers regarding Platform Insurance Management’s policies and procedures relating to the management of Personal Information.
- Upon request, and within a reasonable period of time, a customer will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her Personal Information and will be given access to that information. A customer is entitled to comment on the accuracy and completeness of his or her Personal Information, and have that information amended where appropriate.
- A customer can address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to Platform Insurance Management’s designated Privacy Officer.
ATTN: Privacy Officer, Platform Insurance Management, 20 Toronto Street, Suite 440, Toronto, Ontario M5C
2B8 or email@example.com
Disclosure of personal information
Platform Insurance Management does not sell or trade Personal Information to third parties. Release of your Personal Information occurs only
- where we have your consent; or
- to our insurance partners, third-party service providers or agents who assist us in serving you; or where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
Further, Platform Insurance Management may disclose Personal Information if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so.
Email address and contact information
When you send us an email or when you ask us to respond to you by email, we learn your exact email address and any information you have included in the email. We use your email address to acknowledge your comments and/or reply to your questions, and we may store your communication and our reply in case we need to correspond further.
On certain pages, we provide users the option of submitting names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses for the purpose of contacting you for sales or support follow-up. This data is not shared with anyone outside of our organization other than our insurance partners, third-party service providers or agents who assist us in serving you or where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
Access to credit card information
We restrict access to credit card information, and credit card numbers are not provided to merchants. In the event of a customer complaint or chargeback, transaction information will be provided to the merchant, bank or card issuer.